October 22, 2010

lofty living

Sometimes I really miss our loft space...






not that I don't adore our cozy little bungalow, & the fact that it doesn't have all of the things I don't miss about the loft: the upstairs neighbor whose cover band rehearsed right over our bedroom, the enormous centipedes that we would routinely see scampering across our bed or wallowing in the sink, the bedroom wall that would turn into a waterfall when there was a heavy rain, the fact that when anyone in the building had a leak it would inevitably find its way into our bathroom.

But, oh, the exposed brick & rough beams, high ceilings, historical oddities and space space space... these I do miss. This Manhattan loft has the best of all of these things. I would move in in a heartbeat.

from here via here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by - your comments make my day!